Depending on the specific purpose, we may process your information on the following legal bases:
- With your consent
- To enter into or to perform a contract with you
- To protect your vital interests
- For our legitimate business interests or activities as a not-for-profit body
- Where necessary to perform a task in the public interest
- For compliance with our legal or social protection obligations
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To update you about Centrepoint’s work including newsletters
- To send you information about appeals and fundraising activities – including requests for donations, information about how you can leave us a gift in your will, how you can raise money on our behalf and attend or take part in a fundraising event
- To administer your donation or support your fundraising, including processing Gift Aid
- To respond to your enquiries
- To further our charitable aims
- As and when required by law
We make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate in a way that suits you. Our communications have clear marketing preference questions and we include information on how to opt out at any time or when you receive marketing materials from us. To opt out of any forms of communication from us contact our Supporter Care team on 0800 23 23 20 or email email@example.com.
If you no longer wish to receive communications from Centrepoint, you can use these methods to let us know:
- Use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails
- Use the STOP code and reply to stop receiving SMS messages
- By calling our Supporter Care team on 0800 23 23 20
- By writing to Supporter Care, Centrepoint, Central House, 25 Camperdown Street, London, E1 8DZ
Where possible, we remove out of date data by checking it against publicly available records such as deceased records. This helps us to improve the delivery rate of our mailings and minimise wasted expenditure.
We will never share or sell your personal data to a third-party organisation for its marketing, fundraising or campaigning purposes.
We may analyse the details you have provided to us along with further information about you that we have obtained from public and/or private sources. If we do this we will make sure it is compliant with GDPR. In some instances we may make use of additional factors such as demographic information and measures of wealth.
We do this to help us understand why people are motivated to support Centrepoint and to help us create a fuller and better picture of our supporters. This enables us to communicate with our supporters more effectively and to reach out to individuals who may wish to give additional support with a further monetary gift or to volunteer their time/services to support homeless young people. We may on occasion use third party suppliers to undertake these activities on our behalf and provide them with your information to the extent required, but this will only be done with your consent and with GDPR compliant suppliers.
Here is some more details on what information we collect on social media:
We also use Facebook cookies to retarget to supporters who have previously engaged with us through our website.
These cookies also help us to build custom audiences and lookalike audiences so you can receive relevant ads from us when you use Facebook. This is so we can raise awareness among users of Facebook who share similar interests to you. Your data is sent in an encrypted format that is deleted by Facebook if it does not match with a Facebook account.
We may also use email addresses and name details to identify "lookalike" audiences on social media channels. This helps us provide information, products and fundraising asks that we feel may be of use or interest to those audiences. This involves uploading these supporter details to third party social media organisations, including Facebook and Twitter, from which they identify "lookalike" cohorts. This upload is governed by terms and conditions restricting the processing and use of the data and can be viewed on Facebook Business and Twitter Business.
Read Facebook's commercial terms.
Read Twitter's terms of service.